I’m a recent baked oatmeal convert and this one does not disappoint! My Vegan Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal is full of flavor and spice. Kick it up a notch and drizzle with an optional powdered sugar glaze. Let’s make this!
How to make Vegan Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal
I’m using old fashioned oats here. I feel they are a bit sturdier when making baked oatmeal, but I do see people using quick oats and they will also work in recipes such as this one. Use what you have.
Softened vegan margarine. You could also melt it.
Grated carrots. Be sure to trim and peel them first.
For this recipe, you’ll also need:
- Ground Cinnamon
- Vanilla Extract
- Brown Sugar
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Baking Powder
Almond milk for moisture.
Bake at 350 degrees until a toothpick inserted comes clean, about 30 minutes or so. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Slice into perfect squares. If you’d like these a bit sweet, combine powdered sugar and just a small amount (and I mean SMALL amount) of almond milk stirring vigorously until you get a mixture that you can drizzle over top. Serve immediately and enjoy!
or how about these oatmeal treats?
Did you make my recipe for this Vegan Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought!
Vegan Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- 8" square baking dish
- 1 1/2 c Old Fashion Oatmeal
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 c Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 c Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp Vegan Margarine softened to room temperature
- 3/4 c Carrots grated
- 1/3 c Walnuts chopped, OPTIONAL
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Grate the carrots and place into the bowl of a stand mixer along with the remaining ingredients.
- Evenly distribute the mixture into the baking dish and bake until a toothpick inserted comes clean. The edges should just start to become golden.
- Remove to a rack to cool slightly before serving warm.
- You could add an additional powdered sugar glaze if desired using powdered sugar and just enough almond milk to make a drizzle.