These Easy Vegan Teriyaki Mushrooms are one of my all time go-to meals! Served with a side of white rice and veggies such as broccoli and carrots, it’s a winner for sure. Things come together very quickly, so it’s best to prepare everything in advance if possible. Let me show you how to make this.
Ingredients you’ll need to make my Easy Vegan Teriyaki Mushrooms
- Mushrooms – brown (baby Bellas) are the perfect mushroom for this recipe
- Steamed Broccoli – you could opt for snow peas, water chestnuts, etc. Whatever you prefer
- Steamed Carrots
- Green Onions – I like these for garnish, but also for taste. Don’t skip them!
- Cooked White Rice – I used long grain white, but any rice you like will do
- Parsley (optional), just for a pop of color
- Sesame Seeds – white or black, completely optional of course
In a hot dry skillet add the mushrooms and cook for just a few minutes until browned.
Ingredients you’ll need for the sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Garlic Powder
Whisk together the sauce and add to the hot mushrooms. Do not walk away as the cornstarch in this mixture makes the sauce thicken very quickly. Stir until you reach desired consistency.
It should look shiny and glazed like this.
Serve the mushrooms over white rice with your steamed veggies.
Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, white or black. Finish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Doesn’t that look amazing? I hope you give this one a try. You can make and serve this sauce with just about any veggie, but I really think mushrooms are the perfect fit!
Did you make my Easy Vegan Teriyaki Mushrooms? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought!
Easy Vegan Teriyaki Mushrooms
- Non Stick Skillet
- 8 oz Brown Mushrooms wiped clean, stems removed and sliced
- Broccoli steamed, for serving
- Carrots steamed, for serving
- Cooked White Rice for serving
- Green Onions for garnish
- Sesame Seeds for garnish
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/4 c Soy Sauce preferably low sodium
- 1/4 c Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vinegar such as rice wine, white or apple cider
- 3 tbsp Water
- Garlic or Garlic Powder, to taste
- Ginger or Ginger Powder, to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
- Prep the veggies and in a dry hot skillet, brown the mushrooms for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli and carrots for about 5 minutes or to desired tenderness.
- Whisk together sauce ingredients and add to the mushrooms. Do not walk away, the cornstarch makes this sauce thicken very quickly.
- Serve the mushrooms and veggies over cooked white rice.
- Garnish with green onions and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Top with a bit more of the sauce, if desired.