These Light and Fluffy Vegan Banana Pancakes were such a delightful surprise! I wasn’t quite sure the end result would be as I hoped, but they did NOT disappoint. Using a blender, mixer, hand mixer, etc. the goal, along with a good amount of baking powder, was to get the lightest, fluffiest pancake. I think I succeeded 🙂
How do I make Light and Fluffy Vegan Banana Pancakes?
I used a blender but to be honest, a mixer or hand mixer would work just as well. Again, the idea is to incorporate air into the batter.
For the “wet” ingredients, we have a neutral flavored oil, almond milk and a banana. Process these until smooth prior to adding the dry ingredients.
Next, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Once those are combined, add them to the blender. Process until smooth.
If it’s too thick, add a bit more almond milk. As you can see, I definitely needed to add more almond milk. It will still be thick, but blendable.
Spray your pan with cooking spray and add spoonfuls of the batter. This pan is for silver dollar (or mini) pancakes and found on Amazon.com. I love this thing, but a quick tip if I may. Don’t use the center section because it will cook MUCH faster than the rest of your pancakes.
A traditional griddle works just fine. I used about two tablespoons worth for these mini pancakes and used the spoon to shape them into rounds.
Once you start to see bubbles, you should be able to use two forks or spoons to gently flip your pancakes.
Can we just admire the height of these pancakes? I love making these little pancakes because kids (or you) can eat them with your hands. Just dip into pure maple syrup and enjoy!
Did you make these Light and Fluffy Vegan Banana Pancakes? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought!
And if you enjoyed this recipe, why not PIN IT FOR LATER! 🙂
Light and Fluffy Vegan Banana Pancakes
- Blender/Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- 1 c Almond Milk or any non-dairy milk alternative
- 1 medium Banana
- 2 tbsp PLUS 2 tsp Neutral Flavored Oil
- 1 1/2 c PLUS 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- Banana Slices
- Vegan Margarine
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Add the first three ingredients to a mixer (or blender) and blend until smooth. About 1 minute.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and add them to the mixer (or blender) and process until there are no more lumps. If necessary, add more almond milk. Blend for about 1 minute.
- Set the batter aside while the pan preheats.
- Using a large griddle or skillet, heat over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray just before adding the batter.
- Add two tablespoons or so per mini pancake. You could also make these into traditional sized pancakes if you wish.
- Cook on the first side until you see bubbles forming and the pancake moves around easily on the pan. Flip and repeat.
- Continue until all of the batter is used and serve with vegan margarine and pure maple syrup.