When you have too many carrots on hand and you need a quick recipe idea, try these Easy Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots! I am all about simple side dishes and this one is a favorite in my family.
How to make Easy Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
Peel and cut the carrots. I like to cut them at an angle for added interest. Try to keep them all about the same size so that the carrots cook in the same amount of time.
Invest in a good vegetable peeler because it makes your job so much easier. I really prefer those that are designed and called Y-peelers and they are relatively inexpensive.
Add enough water to cover and bring the carrots to a boil. Cook until the carrots are fork tender and the water has reduced considerably. We’ll be using what’s left in the pan to create our glaze.
Finally, add the brown sugar and a pinch of salt cooking until that glaze forms. This takes just a few minutes.
Serve the carrots with the glaze that remains in the pan and garnish with a sprig of parsley, if desired. I like to add another pinch of salt just before serving.
Did you make this recipe for my Easy Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought.
And if you enjoyed this recipe, why not PIN IT FOR LATER! 🙂
Easy Glazed Carrots
- 1 lb Carrots
- 1 c Water
- pinch Salt plus more for serving
- 1/4 c Vegan Brown Sugar light or dark, alternately you could use maple syrup here instead
- Parsley for garnish
- Peel carrots and cut each on an angle. If the carrots are very thick, slice them in half lengthwise first. They should all be approximately the same size to ensure even cooking.
- Place the carrots and water in a large saucepan over medium high heat, bringing to a boil. Cook until the carrots are tender (add a bit more water if needed) and then boil until the water has reduced to just a few tablespoons.
- Add the brown sugar and salt and cook until a glaze forms.
- Serve with a pinch more of the salt and garnish with parsley.