These Strawberry Crostini with Whipped Vegan Ricotta are so simple, yet really elegant. There are so many options here, you could even further enhance them with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar reduction, a chiffonade of basil, etc.
It all starts with a loaf of really good french bread. I like to make my own, but in a pinch, you could certainly pick up a baguette at your favorite bakery. I slice the bread into about 1/2″ slices on a diagonal. I just think it looks prettier that way. Toast until golden brown. Crostini needs that crunch to it to be able to stand up to the toppings you subject it to. In this case, that is especially important as the strawberry’s juices tend to make their way to the crostini.
So let’s talk about that whipped ricotta, shall we? Vegan ricotta is very similar in texture to traditional ricotta. I have no affiliation with this company, but Tofutti Better Than Cheese Ricotta is my all time favorite. In the bowl of a food processor, add the ricotta, almond milk and lemon zest. If you’d like to sweeten it up a bit more, how about some agave nectar to taste?
Top it all off with strawberries that have been mascerated in sugar until a syrup forms, a drizzle of balsamic reduction and/or a sprig of basil make for a really elegant appetizer.
Did you make this recipe for Strawberry Crostini with Whipped Vegan Ricotta? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought!
*Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. Clicking on them does not affect your purchase price, it just means we get a very small percentage that assists in keeping Living Vegan! creating new recipes for you each week.
FOR THE STRAWBERRIES:
- 1 lb Fresh Strawberries sliced, reserve a few for garnish
- 1/4 c Sugar
FOR THE WHIPPED RICOTTA:
- 1 c Vegan Ricotta
- 2 tbsp Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
- Agave Syrup optional
- 1 French Baguette sliced on the diagonal & toasted
- fresh Basil Leaves optional
- Balsamic Reduction optional
- Trim strawberries, slice and mascerate in sugar for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
- Slice baguette on the diagonal and toast.
- In a food processor, add the vegan ricotta, almond milk and lemon zest. Agave syrup optional.
- To serve, spread the whipped ricotta on the crostini and top with fresh strawberries.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction and fresh basil, if desired.
[…] tapenade, salsa, rubbed with fresh garlic for your next pasta or even for something sweet like my Strawberry Crostini with Sweetened Whipped Vegan Ricotta. Topped with strawberries that have been mascerated in sugar and a bit of coconut whipped cream, […]
Comments are closed.