We’ve all been there. You buy a big bunch of bananas with every intention of eating them before they go bad and before you know it…they are well past the point of redemption. That is where these Vegan Banana Streusel Muffins come into play.
I make everything from banana bread, to mini loaves with lots of nuts, to streusel muffins like these. Oats, flour, brown sugar, vegan margarine and a pinch of salt create this simple topping. It goes on top just prior to baking and provides a sweet crunch to the final product.
Did you make this recipe for Vegan Banana Streusel Muffins? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought!
*Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. Clicking on them does not affect your purchase price, it just means we get a very small percentage that assists in keeping Living Vegan! creating new recipes for you each week.
Vegan Banana Streusel Muffins
- 1-3/4 c All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 c Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 3 medium Bananas
- 1/3 Vegetable Shortening you could also use vegan margarine
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp Ground Flax mixed with 6 tbsp water & allowed to sit for at least 10 minutes
FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/2 c Oats
- 1/2 c Brown Sugar
- 1/3 c Flour
- 3-4 tbsp Vegan Margarine softened
- pinch Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a muffin pan with cupcake papers.
- Prepare the streusel mixture by combining the ingredients together with a fork.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the bananas and mix until well mashed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Place mixture into muffins cups, distributing evenly and taking care not to overfill.
- Top with the streusel mixture.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes clean. As all ovens vary greatly, you may need more or less baking time. Keep an eye on them.