When I first discovered Blue Chai™ Butterfly Blue Tea and Premium Blue Matcha, I was so incredibly intrigued that I contacted the company to see if I could do a review of their awesome products! We’ll get to these Roasted Strawberry & Blue Matcha Popsicles in just a moment. But first let me introduce you to Blue Chai™…
I have to show you this amazing COLOR CHANGING Blue Chai™ Butterfly Tea. Yes, I said color changing. This tea turns from that deep blue to a vibrant pinky purple with the addition of a little bit of lemon juice.
Blue Chai™ sends you the dried butterfly pea flowers in these 30 gram wooden containers…very authentic. I definitely recommend trying these! Caffeine free, served hot or cold, all natural and chemical free. By the way, perfect for natural food color for cooking or baking!
Ok, back to our recipe. The popsicles are comprised of two different components. A roasted sweetened strawberry base and a coconut milk/matcha tea blend. The matcha powder comes in the tube you see below.
I roughly chopped the strawberries and drizzled with agave before roasting until tender.
The strawberries go into the popsicle mold first.
I blended a can of coconut milk with blue matcha and poured it in over the strawberries. I also did a few that were just matcha. Freeze until firm.
It’s 118 degrees here in Arizona (I wish I were kidding), so my pops were melting as fast as I could photograph them! Those strawberries were so sweet and delicious with the creamy match coconut milk blend. Isn’t that color just stunning?
I encourage you to learn more about Blue Chai™ and their entire range of products. I am admittedly a little bit obsessed 🙂 Be sure to follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram
Roasted Strawberry & Blue Matcha Popsicles
FOR THE STRAWBERRIES:
- 1 pint Strawberries roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Agave Nectar
FOR THE COCONUT MATCHA:
- 1 can Coconut Milk solids and liquids both
- 1 tbsp Agave Nectar
- 1 tbsp Blue Matcha Powder
- In a 350 degree oven, roast strawberries with agave until tender. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the matcha mix by adding coconut milk to a blender with agave and blue matcha powder. Blend until completely smooth and all of the matcha has been well incorporated.
- Even distribute the cooled strawberries among the popsicle molds. Be sure to push them down into the bottom.
- Pour the blue matcha mix over and freeze until sold. Allow to come up to temperature enough to remove. You can also set the pops into a pan of warm (not hot) water to loosen them slightly. Serve immediately.
[…] the Living Vegan blog here for the full recipe. Images and recipe courtesey of Living […]
Comments are closed.