These easy to make Homemade Salt and Vinegar Chips come together using just four ingredients you probably already have on hand!
How to make my Homemade Salt and Vinegar Chips Recipe
Ingredients you need to make this recipe include:
- Russet Potatoes
- White Vinegar
- Sea Salt
And a bit of cooking spay from your pantry.
I used a mandolin to thinly slice these Russet potatoes after I thoroughly washed them. Since we are leaving the skin on, these need to be cleaned and dry before you begin. If you don’t have a mandolin, use a very sharp knife to make very thin slices.
Immediately place the potato slices into the vinegar bath. I’m using white vinegar here, but you could also use apple cider vinegar if that is what you have on hand.
The vinegar will keep the potatoes from turning color and also flavor them. I soaked mine for 30 minutes and that is the minimum time you will need for the potatoes to take on the vinegar flavor with two hours being the maximum time I’d leave them. The longer the soak, the more intense the flavor.
Any salt will do, but a sea salt works really well here.
You’ll want to drain the potatoes from the vinegar and then season with the sea salt and black pepper.
Spray a sheet pan liberally with cooking spray OR line with parchment for easier clean up and spray THAT liberally with cooking spray. Omitting the spray will make these potatoes stick to your surface like glue.
I imagine if you have an air fryer, these would work really well in one. Let me know if you try that. I’m curious how they’d turn out!
Be sure to arrange your slices in a single layer or they won’t get crispy.
Paper thin, full of flavor and you made them yourself!
All that’s left here is to enjoy with a soda or a beer. These Homemade Salt and Vinegar Chips Recipe are really delicious!
Homemade Salt and Vinegar Chips Recipe
- Sheet Pans
- 2-3 medium Russet Potatoes washed, dried and thinly sliced
- 2 c White Vinegar enough to cover and soak the sliced potatoes
- Sea Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Cooking Spray
- Wash and dry the Russet potatoes, then slice into thin disks using either a mandolin or a very sharp knife.
- Place the slices into a bowl of white vinegar and soak for 30 minutes to 2 hours, then drain and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a single layer, add the slices to a liberally greased and lined baking sheet.
- Bake until golden and crisp, about 30-35 minutes.