I love hash browns and wanted to create a small skillet version. Enter these Crispy Vegan Skillet Hash Browns! Serve with a dollop of vegan sour cream if you have it and a sprig of parsley.
There are just a handful of ingredients in this recipe. I am using grated russet potatoes, onion, salt, pepper and cooking spray to keep it from sticking.
In a skillet over medium high heat, add cooking spray and your potato mixture. Press it into the pan and smooth out the edges with a spatula.
Keep checking the bottom and after about 5 minutes, it should be ready to flip. I use a small plate placed over the skillet and do a quick flip. Slide the hash brown back into the skillet (no need to add any more spray) and cook for another 5 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
Alternately, you could place the skillet (if oven-safe) into the oven and bake until crisp and cooked through.
Slide the hash brown onto a serving plate with a dollop of vegan sour cream. Garnish with fresh parsley and another sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cut into four equal wedges and serve immediately.
I used an 8″ skillet but you could definitely use a standard skillet which would yield a thinner, crispier hash brown.
Did you make this recipe for Crispy Vegan Skillet Hash Browns? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought.
And if you enjoyed this recipe, why not PIN IT FOR LATER! 🙂
Be sure to check out some of my other potato recipes!
Crispy Vegan Skillet Hash Browns
- Non Stick Skillet
- 2 medium Russet Potatoes grated
- 2 tbsp Onions grated
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- Cooking Spray
OPTIONAL FOR SERVING:
- Vegan Sour Cream
- Parsley for garnish
- Grate onions and potatoes.
- Toss together with salt and pepper.
- Add potato mixture to a preheated pan prepared with cooking spray.
- Using a spatula, press into the pan, smoothing and tucking in the edges.
- Allow to cook for about 5 minutes or until golden.
- Using a small plate places over the skillet, flip and then slide back into the skillet. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- If your skillet is oven-safe, you could finish the cooking in the oven to cook through and get a crispier exterior.
- Cut into wedges and erve with vegan sour cream and a sprig of parsley.