Sometimes simple recipes are the BEST recipes, and you will love these Crunchy Roasted Ranch Chickpeas! I’ve been snacking on these and just like popcorn, you just can’t stop at one 😉
Simply drain and rinse a can of chickpeas.
Thoroughly dry the chickpeas on a paper towel. This step is important so that our seasonings will actually stick to the chickpeas.
The recipe for my ranch seasoning can be found here. Such an easy recipe and also great if you want to make it into a dip (recipe for that also included).
I used about 2 tbsp for this one can of chickpeas that I had sprayed with an olive oil cooking spray. If you don’t have the spray, very lightly toss the chickpeas with oil in a bowl prior to placing them on the baking sheet. We want just enough to get the seasoning to stick but not so much that the chickpeas steam, rather than crisp up.
Just sprinkle the seasoning and then shake the pan to roll around the chickpeas in it to coat.
At 400 degrees, mine took about 30 minutes or more. Baking time may vary based on the moisture of your chickpeas and your oven. All ovens cook at different rates.
I use these for croutons on my salads. So delicious!
Did you make this recipe for Crunchy Roasted Ranch Chickpeas? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought. And, if you enjoyed the recipe, consider PINNING it for later 🙂
Crunchy Roasted Ranch Chickpeas
- 1 can Chickpeas (also called Garbanzo beans) drained, rinsed and dried thoroughly
- 2 tbsp Ranch Seasoning recipe link in post
- Olive oil spray or 1/2 tsp oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain and rinse a can of chickpeas. Then, transfer them to a paper towel to dry thoroughly.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the ranch seasoning.
- Spray the chickpeas with an olive oil spray. If you do not have the spray, toss the chickpeas with 1/2 tsp of oil in a bowl prior to placing on the sheet pan. Use the least amount of oil necessary to coat the chickpeas.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of the ranch seasoning over the chickpeas, shaking the sheet pan to coat them.
- Bake for 30 or more minutes, tossing a few times during the cooking process. I did mine every 10 minutes. Chickpeas should now be dried and crisp.
- Allow to cool and enjoy immediately.