Did you know that National Peanut Butter Cookie Day is on Monday, June 12, 2017? I knew I wanted to make a recipe for that, but you have also been asking me for brownies. So I thought I’d combine the two in these Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie Brownies! I mean, what’s better than peanut butter and chocolate? Not much!! 🙂
While both are simple, there are obviously two parts to this recipe. Our fudge brownie base and the peanut butter cookie dough. I used a small cookie scoop to portion out the dough. Give them a gentle press so they are seated in the brownie batter.
Keep in mind that the two generally take different amounts of time to bake, so if your cookies start to brown like mine did, just cover the pan with foil for the remainder of the baking time. The Peanut Butter Cookie Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted into the brownie comes clean.
Just look at how the cookie sinks into the brownie, so you get both flavors with every single bite!
I like to cut into squares so that each portion gets a full cookie and serve with a scoop of vegan vanilla bean ice cream. For true decadence and indulgence, add a drizzle of chocolate syrup!
Did you make this recipe for Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie Brownies? Let me know in the comments section below.
*Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. Clicking on them does not affect your purchase price, it just means we get a very small percentage that assists in keeping Living Vegan creating new recipes for you each week.
If you liked this recipe, PIN IT FOR LATER!
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie Brownies
FOR THE VEGAN BROWNIES:
- 1/2 c Vegan Margarine
- 1 c Sugar
- 2 tbsp Ground Flax + 6 tbsp WATER (for flax "eggs")
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c Flour
- 1/3 c Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking POWDER
- pinch Salt
FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE:
- 1/4 c Oil
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax + 3 tbsp WATER (for a flax "egg")
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 c Peanut Butter (I use creamy, but you could use crunchy)
- 1 c Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking SODA
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 8" x 8" square baking pan by lining it with parchment paper. If you leave a bit of overhang, it makes removing them SO much easier later.
TO PREPARE THE VEGAN BROWNIE BATTER:
- Melt vegan margarine (in a pan or the microwave) and stir in the sugar.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Add the butter, sugar and flax "eggs" into the dry ingredients incorporating until just mixed. Do not over mix.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and set aside.
TO PREPARE THE VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH:
In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the oil and sugar. Then add the flax "egg", vanilla and peanut butter. Add the flour, baking soda and salt and then add to the wet ingredients until a dough forms.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop equal sized scoops of the vegan peanut butter cookie dough onto the brownie batter.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes. If your cookies brown too quickly, cover the pan with foil until the brownies are done. A toothpick inserted comes clean.
- Cool before removing to cut into bars. I like to cut them so each portion gets a full vegan peanut butter cookie.
- OPTIONAL: Serve with a scoop of vegan vanilla bean ice cream or even a drizzle of chocolate syrup!