Have you heard of Golden Milk yet? It’s all the rage and so of course, I had to try it! Ours is a Vegan Golden Milk served either hot (shown here) or over ice, which is also pretty amazing.
Turmeric is touted as an anti-inflammatory that exhibits now over 150+ potentially therapeutic purposes, including potent anti-cancer properties. Golden Milk is a simple drink comprised of turmeric and a non-dairy milk, such as coconut or almond milk. I used almond milk here today and sweetened with agave nectar. Maple syrup can be used as well. A bit of spice in the form of cinnamon and ginger, with an optional pinch of cloves, cardamom and/or nutmeg if desired.
This is the ground turmeric I used:
It’s quick and easy to make, full of good-for-you turmeric and it’s equally delicious hot or served over ice!
UPDATE: I got a wonderful note from a reader who suggested the following: “You should add one really important ingredient which is black pepper! Most of the curcumin (turmeric) that is ingested gets metabolized before it can get absorbed. Piperine (which you find in black pepper) is said to help make curcumin more bioavailable.”
If you made this recipe for Vegan Golden Milk, let me know in the comments section below.
*Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. Clicking on them does not affect your purchase price, it just means we get a very small percentage that assists in keeping Living Vegan! creating new recipes for you each week.
If you liked this recipe, PIN IT FOR LATER!
Also be sure to check out this Vegan Turmeric Mango Smoothie on my sister site, The Veg Life!
Vegan Golden Milk (Hot or Iced)
- 2 c Almond Milk (or Coconut Milk)
- 3 tbsp Agave Syrup or Maple Syrup
- 1-2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Cloves, Cardamom and/or Nutmeg OPTIONAL
- Ice Cubes if serving COLD
- In a small pan over medium-high heat, add almond milk until it reaches a simmer (do not boil).
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until combined and the spices have dissolved.
- Taste for desired sweetness, adding more agave or maple syrup if needed.
- Serve immediately for a hot beverage. If serving cold, cool the mixture to room temperature and refrigerate. Serve chilled over ice.
- Makes 2 servings.