I first learned about the idea of corn fried rice from Food Network and I just had to try making a Vegan Corn Fried Cauliflower Rice recipe for myself. It looks delicious and a nice variation on the traditional “fried rice”. It’s super easy to make and comes together quickly. Let me show you how I made it.
How to make Vegan Corn Fried Cauliflower Rice
The original recipe uses rice, but I am using riced cauliflower (also commonly known as cauliflower rice). I buy a whole head of cauliflower and in batches using my food processor, pulse until it is approximately the size of rice. I place into freezer safe bags so I can pull it out when I need it. Because there is moisture in cauliflower, I give it a few minutes in the pan by itself to cook some of that moisture off. Now we are ready to proceed.
I love using canned or frozen sweet corn for this recipe but if you have corn on the cob, by all means use it! This is canned yellow sweet corn.
Green onions (scallions) replace traditional onions in this recipe and gives that fried rice flavor we are going for.
Minced garlic to taste.
And a bit of SUGAR. Secret ingredient that makes a huge difference in the end result.
Instead of soy sauce, which you could definitely use as well, we’re using rice vinegar. This is a strong flavor, so do this to taste.
Lots of fresh parsley for color.
Isn’t it pretty?
I found this recipe really unique and flavorful. I do think with traditional rice, the flavors might be more mild and adjusted the ratios for this recipe accordingly. I hope you give it a try!
Did you make my recipe for PIN for Vegan Corn Fried Cauliflower Rice? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought!
Vegan Corn Fried Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- Non Stick Skillet
- 1 head Cauliflower trimmed and processed in a food processor in batches until riced
- 3 Scallions sliced, reserve some for garnish
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 c Canned or Frozen Sweet Corn drained
- 2 tbsp Parsley chopped
- Trim and core a whole head of cauliflower. In small batches, pulse the florets in a food processor until rice-sized. Remove to a bowl and repeat until finished.
- Place cauliflower rice in a skillet and cook for a few minutes until all moisture is removed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue to stir fry.
- Garnish with green onions and parsley.