This Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe is so delicious and comes together in just minutes! I love sheet pan meals because you literally just toss everything together with oil and seasonings and roast until fork tender. Let me show you how to make it.
How to make Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
The first step is to trim and peel your butternut squash. This may sound like a daunting task, but any good flat or ‘Y” shaped peeled does a great job at peeling this. Just take a few swipes until you reach that orange flesh. I am using the end without seeds for cleaner cube shaped pieces, but feel free to use the whole squash scooping out those seeds first!
Add the cubed squash to a bowl with chunks of red onion. You could literally use anything with the squash in this recipe so long as they require approximately the same or similar cooking time. Drizzle with enough oil to coat, but don’t over do it!
Add brown sugar, salt and pepper. Be sure to season well.
Give everything a good toss and place onto a sheet pan in one even layer. Don’t overcrowd or the veggies will steam and not roast.
Roast in a 400 degree oven for about 35-45 minutes, tossing once. The cooking time will vary based on the size of your pieces and of course, your oven. Every oven roasts differently.
Did you make my Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought.
Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
- 1 medium Butternut Squash ends trimmed, peeled, seeds removed and cut into cubes
- 1 medium Red Onion peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil or more as needed to fully coat the veggies
- 1/4 c Brown Sugar I prefer light brown sugar for this particular recipe
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare squash and onion, adding them to a medium bowl.
- Add oil, salt, pepper and brown sugar. Toss well.
- Add the veggies to a sheet pan in one even layer.
- Roast until tender, about 40 minutes or until for tender.