We have been making this Easy Almond Crescent Cookies Recipe in my family for as long as I can remember. We make a variety of Christmas cookies for a large platter and this one is always a favorite. The secret is to roll them once when they are still warm and again once they are completely cooled. Let me show you how to make them.
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
- Vegan Margarine, softened
- Granulated Sugar
- Pinch of Salt (you can omit if using salted almonds)
- Finely Chopped Almonds
- All Purpose Flour
How to make Easy Almond Crescent Cookies Recipe
The first step to making this recipe is to cream together the softened vegan margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. This should take just a minute or two.
I used a food processor to finely chop the nuts, but you can certainly do this by hand. You want them pretty fine or the cookies will just not hold together.
Add the chopped nuts, salt and flour to the vegan margarine mixture. You may not need all of the flour, so hold back about 1/2 cup and add it slowly.
The dough should be soft but not sticky and hold together well. Place on to a lightly floured surface to cut into portions. I like to shape into a rectangle and then cut using a bench scraper, but feel free to use whatever method works for you.
Roll each portion into a ball, then a short log and finally, form into that crescent shape.
Place the crescents onto a lined baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden and just barely firm to the touch. They will firm as they cool.
Once they are just cool enough to handle, you’ll want to get them right into the powdered sugar. Roll and place back onto your baking sheet.
When they are completely cool, roll them again in the powdered sugar.
Store covered at room temperature for up to five days.
Did you make my Easy Almond Crescent Cookies Recipe? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought.
Easy Almond Crescent Cookies Recipe
- 1 c Vegan Margarine softened to room temperature
- 3/4 c Sugar
- pinch Salt
- 3/4 c Almonds very finely chopped
- 2 1/2 c All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 c Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Beat vegan margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the chopped nuts, flour and salt. Slowly add the flour as you may not need it all.
- Bring the soft, but not sticky, dough together on a lightly floured surface and divide into equal portions. You could easily get about 40 of them from this recipe.
- Roll each portion into a ball, then a short log and finally, shape into a crescent.
- Place the crescents onto your baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool on the pan until they have firmed up a bit but are still warm and roll into the powdered sugar.
- Allow to cool completely and repeat with another roll in the powdered sugar.
- Store in a covered container at room temperature for up to five days.