What pairs better with my Easy Vegan Falafel than this Creamy Vegan Tzatziki Sauce Recipe? And let’s not forget, Homemade Pita Bread! Stay tuned for this Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad with Homemade Tofu Feta!!
This tzatziki couldn’t be simpler and it’s one of my favorite dipping sauces. Thankfully, the world has evolved and there are more options for us vegans in the form of Greek Style Yogurts and Sour Creams. You could also opt to make a cashew cream for that part of the recipe if you wish. I have just been so impressed with Tofutti’s Better Than Sour Cream, it’s my go-to these days!
So it’s vegan Greek Style Yogurt, Cucumber, vegan Sour Cream, Vinegar, Lemon Juice, Salt, Pepper, a bit of Oil, Garlic (or Garlic Powder) and of course, Dill.
It’s so cooling with the creaminess of the yogurt and sour cream and those cucumbers. I must admit, I double the amount of cucumbers in the recipe but you can use however many you like!
Can’t you almost taste it? 😉
*Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. Clicking on them does not affect your purchase price, it just means we get a very small percentage that assists in keeping Living Vegan! creating new recipes for you each week.
If you’ve made this Creamy Vegan Tzatziki Sauce Recipe, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below.
If you liked this recipe, PIN IT FOR LATER!
Guess what? I have a YouTube channel! I know, I know…I am behind the times, but it’s brand spanking new & I am going to be starting to upload new videos in August! I would love it if you would join me and click the subscribe button below 🙂
Creamy Vegan Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
- 8 oz Greek Style VEGAN Yogurt
- 1 c Cucumber unpeeled, seeded & diced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 c VEGAN Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Vinegar (White Wine or Apple Cider)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic OR Garlic Powder (to taste)
- 1 tsp Fresh Dill chopped
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Place the yogurt in a fine strainer and let it set over a bowl, allowing it to drain off some of the excess liquid.
- Transfer the drained vegan yogurt to a large bowl. Add the cucumber along with the vegan sour cream, vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper.
- You can serve it immediately, but I like to chill it to allow the flavors to meld.
- Garnish with fresh dill.