These simple herb Baked Stuffed Tomatoes are the perfect accompaniment to any meal. Ready in just under 30 minutes!
If you can find Beefsteak tomatoes or those straight from your garden, those are best. I am using tomatoes on the vine today. Give them a good wash before proceeding.
You’ll want to slice off the tops and core them. I removed some of the seeds as well.
Now let’s make the stuffing! It starts with Panko breadcrumbs. I like using them for the texture. They get really golden and crispy.
To flavor the stuffing, I am using an Italian seasoning blend but feel free to get creative here and use what you love!
Season with salt…
Lastly, add the olive oil. This binds everything together.
Evenly divide the panko breadcrumb stuffing between the four tomatoes and place into a baking dish. I gave it a light dose of cooking spray just to avoid any sticking.
Bake until the tomatoes are tender and the topping golden. Enjoy immediately!
Did you make this recipe for Baked Stuffed Tomatoes? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought!
And if you enjoyed the recipe, why not PIN IT FOR LATER! 🙂
You might also enjoy:
Baked Stuffed Tomatoes
- 4 large Tomatoes top and core removed
- 1/2 c Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Italian Parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Wash and dry the tomatoes, slicing off the tops and removing the white core. You can also remove some of the seeds as they can sometimes be bitter.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the topping and divide evenly between the four tomatoes.
- Bake uncovered until the tomatoes are tender and the breadcrumbs are golden. If they aren't getting golden enough, just move to the top rack for 5 minutes. Keep and eye on them so nothing burns.
- Serve immediately.