If you have found this site via our sister-site, The Veg Life!, you will know that I am a HUGE fan of coleslaw so I had to recreate one of my favorites in this Vegan KFC Copycat Coleslaw.
What makes KFC’s coleslaw so special I think, is that the cabbage mixture is chopped MUCH finer than you see many slaws. My memory of it also seems to recall it having a bit more liquid. So that is what I was aiming for. The taste…I remember well.
To make an easy job of this task, you simply need to find yourself a big bag of coleslaw mix. This generally has red and green cabbage, sometimes onion, carrots, etc. In batches, I add it to the food processor and give it a few pulses. Do not over process. Keep in mind, the vinegar will somewhat break down and tenderize the cabbage, so you still want a little bite to it.
The dressing consists of vegan sour cream, vegan mayonnaise, white vinegar, grated onion (if your bag of slaw didn’t include onion), sugar, dry (powdered) mustard, celery seeds (I opted for celery salt today), salt (omit if using celery salt) and pepper (I used white pepper to give it a clean look).
If you love coleslaw as much as I do, head on over to our sister-site, The Veg Life! for even more recipes:
Did you make this recipe for Vegan KFC Copycat Coleslaw? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought!
*Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. Clicking on them does not affect your purchase price, it just means we get a very small percentage that assists in keeping Living Vegan! creating new recipes for you each week.
PIN IT FOR LATER!
Vegan KFC Copycat Coleslaw
FOR THE SLAW MIX:
- 1 small Green Cabbage finely shredded
- 1/2 small Red Cabbage finely shredded
- 2 large Carrots finely shredded
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 tbsp VEGAN Sour Cream
- 2/3 c VEGAN Mayonnaise
- 1-2 tbsp White Vinegar to taste
- 1 tbsp Grated Onion squeeze the liquid out
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1-2 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Celery Seed OPTIONAL
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Combine the shredded cabbages and carrots together (or you can just buy pre-bagged coleslaw mix).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Add to the cabbage mixture.
- Taste for seasoning, adding more salt if necessary.
- Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.